Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Yep, she's a badass.
So, do you have any idea how OLD I feel all of a sudden, with a FIFTH GRADER? Who is TEN years old? And wearing a bra? Yeah. I'm trippin.

K's first day of 5th grade went well. She was SOOO cute, too. Sorry no picture - she changed clothes as soon as she walked in the door! She REALLY likes her teacher, who has a reputation for being strict. I like the "strict" thing! I think strict teachers are great for flaky 5th graders. I really do. I think she'll learn a lot this year.

This year, they have P.E. one day a week. ONE DAY. I told her when I was in 5th grade (and pretty much every year of elementary school) we had P.E. three days a week. And every day in Junior High! They have "specials" now - dig the cutesy name - P.E., music, art, recess, and computer class. One of those every single day. I think it sucks that they only have ONE DAY in each thing. What are they doing the rest of the time, considering she's going back in the middle of August and not getting out until the second week in June? She said the P.E. teacher "worked our BUTTS off, mom! She said she was going to work us hard since we only see her one day a week. I had to do 38 pushups!!" Ha. Good.

Also, her teacher runs the student council, and I think K's going to join. I think it'd be good for her. As long as it doesn't require, y'know, staying after school or anything! LOL!

Today, they were starting their unit in science. K was excited about that. She digs science. And, the teacher was telling me they were doing a lot of cooking experiments to help learn about scientific stuff. Yay! K loves cooking, so she'll really like that a lot.

I'm feeling excited for her to be starting her last year of elementary. Next year, she's going to middle school - a whole new world! I have to live out my "back to school" excitement through my kids now that I'm all done with school. Sigh. No more new Trapper Keepers in my future.
posted by Unknown at 5:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home