Friday, August 12, 2005
My excitement for the day!
Something sort of funny happened when I was leaving Sam's Club the other day. I was parked between a big behemoth Dodge truck and a little SUV, like a Nissan Pathfinder or something. Evidently, all three of us were exiting the store at the same time - three moms with kids. The Pathfinder lady started chatting with me about my stroller - the typical, "Wow, that's a great stroller! I've never seen one like that!" remarks we get every time we go anywhere. I was talking with her for a moment when we got to our vehicles - she was pregnant with two little kids in her Sam's cart - when the Dodge truck lady started up her truck. It was a diesel, and it scared the crap out of both of us and all the kids. It was so fucking loud!! It sounded like a semi or something. Obnoxious vehicle!! LOL! Apologies to anyone who owns a diesel, but it's time you knew the truth: your vehicle is loud and obnoxious! Ha!

So I guess the truck lady just started it up to get the A/C going for her kid, because then she got out and started unloading her cart. I was telling the Pathfinder lady where I got my stroller and she goes, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear a word you said because of that loud-ass truck!!" and the Dodge lady looked over, then she stepped toward us and said, "Did you say something about my truck?" and the Pathfinder lady goes, "Yeah, I said it was LOUD!" and the Dodge lady goes, "Well, THAT was pretty rude!!" and the Pathfinder lady goes, "I'm sorry, was I being rude to your truck? Did I hurt its feelings? Do you want me to apologize to it?"

I was cracking up, man! By this time, I had all my stuff in the van and the kids strapped in, so I left them to their bickering. But it was like, the funniest thing I'd heard in ages. I giggled all the way home.

Stay at home moms, man. Our lives are so dull we have to invent drama at the Sam's Club!!
posted by Unknown at 9:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home