Monday, August 01, 2005
More yard stuff.
Here is a picture that somewhat shows our new shrubs - and the arbor! Woo!



And here's another:



It's coming along! Now the guys are working on a sort of pergola thing to go over the patio - that's what they're drilling for in the patio there, for the posts to go. Yay!

I don't know what I'm going to do today. K comes home today, so YAY! I have really missed her this past week. Hopefully we can do something fun together. I think maybe we'll make some cookies. Peanut butter with chocolate chips. I saw the ones on Michelle's blog weeks ago and have been craving them ever since! And tonight is the twin club meeting, and I haven't gone in two months, so I'm excited to go.

Yesterday, we took the kids to Hooters and met some friends for lunch. It was fun! I was craving a buffalo chicken sandwich BIG TIME, and it was sooooo good. FYI, if you live in Denver: the food at the Parker Road Hooters is like, TEN times better than it is at Colorado Blvd. Seriously. And the kids got their first helium balloons EVER, and thought these were the greatest things they'd ever seen. Only one made it home, and they broke the string off immediately, so it danced around the playroom ceiling all night. I'm sure when they go downstairs and see it on the floor, they'll be confused as to why it's no longer floating around the room!

As you can see in my pictures, the man has been BUSTING ASS in the yard. He spent *cough* a veritable fuckton of money in Lowe's yesterday and bought a bunch of wood to finish our patio steps and build the pergola. He also bought the lattice to keep the kids from escaping through the fence. (Our neighborhood covenance requires us to keep that split rail fence in place, although we can cover it with lattice to keep the kids in and the critters out!)

I think K and I are going to color our hair this week. She's tired of her half grown out blonde highlights. I just realized yesterday that she starts school TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY! Man, where did the summer go? She just got out, like, the second week in June! I hate this school schedule. They have a week off in the fall, right around Halloween - like, who needs that?? Wouldn't you rather get out for summer a week earlier? I think I would, if I were ten!! So, we need to start getting ready for Back To School! :cue scary music:

Okay, time to get the chitlins up for the day - I can hear them playing in their room. Breakfast time! Waffles today, I think. Yummy. Have a great Monday!
posted by Unknown at 7:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home