Monday, July 18, 2005
Wah. I miss blogging.
How are you? Still alive out there? I went through and read my whole blogroll late last night, but haven't had time to post anything on my own little blog. So here I am, real quick.

Honey got us VIP box seats for Hilary Duff. Miss K was pretty excited - even more so when she told her best friend - their excitement sort of multiplied when they added screaming and jumping up and down. Anyway - we went to the show - it was like 100 degrees out, even at night - and it was okay. The Hilary Duff portion was only about an hour long - maybe a wee bit longer. The concert ended abruptly (no encores!) at 9:30. I guess they don't want to keep little girls out much later than that. And boy, did we see little girls. Probably more little girls than I've ever seen all in one place in my life. I wish I'd taken more pictures of the crowd. All the little girls were so precious, with their matching shirts and hand made signs. My girls had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We got home LATE though, after navigating tons of traffic (I swear, the freeways are busy 24/7 - even at 11 at night!) and I'm still sleepy, two days later!

So, today is Monday...the day our nanny starts! She's going to be here in about an hour. I'm trying to decide what we should do. I'm not leaving her with the kids - at least, not for awhile - so I'll either be upstairs doing bathrooms and laundry and stuff or we'll all head out to Sam's Club/Wal-Mart for our shopping trip. Yay.

Hey, see this little Kool Aid purse? I got one just like it, except green, for K for her birthday, which is in one week. It came on Saturday. I think it's so cute! She wants to grow out her bangs, so I'm going to buy her a bunch of headbands and barettes and clippies and put them inside. I think I'm also going to get her this tiny little DVD player for her room and a couple of movies. I think that'll be adequate birthday spendage, combined with what we spent for the Hilary Duff tickets and t-shirts for her and her friend. (We could have gotten free grass seats, but we got the VIP box so we had to pay for it - but we still got it half price. Helps to know people! Woo!)

And, ooooh, we're getting closer and closer to having a yard! The Man finished all the brick walkways this weekend. He and my nephew went and got a trailer full of topsoil yesterday and spread it on one portion of the yard - they still need like three more trailers' worth for the rest - and next Saturday is our very special, by invitation only, SOD LAYING PARTY! I could pee, I'm so excited - but I'm sure that wouldn't be good for the new grass, so I'll just run around with my arms out, airplane style!

Okay, I need to jet. Must get the children up and get myself ready to go before Miss Nanny gets here! Whee!
posted by Unknown at 7:47 AM

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great treat for the girls! WTG on scoring those seats!

Good luck on the nanny's first day! Or rather Good Luck to the nanny, LOL. Is she on full time? Every day? Or just a couple of days a week? I think I missed where you said what the nanny schedule will be. Wheee! I'm so excited for you to FINALLY have some help. Yay!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Yippee!!!! on the nanny! I hope you get a NAP most of all today :D

I bought that same little DVD player (to go in the van LOL) and LOVE it. SO portable and it works really really well! I was worried with it being so inexpensive LOL but it's all good.

8:26 AM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Yay for the nanny starting today!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Yeah for the concert. Sounds like the girls had a blast. I remember how fun it was when we got to see New Kids on the Block

And Yeah for the new Nanny you will have to let us all know how she works out.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah on the nanny!! I hope she can help you out :)

How fun on the concert! Glad you had good seats and the girls had such a good time. I still watch Lizzie Maquire once in a blue moon LOL. She is a good singer.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

There you are! Glad the girls had fun at the concert. They look so happy. I remember going to see New Kids on the Block as a kid and god i was nuts!lol

12:31 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yay, it's Nanny Day!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Be nice to the nanny please...Its a very tough job;)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Nannytime :)

Yay for sod. Sounds like your sweety has been working his booty off! We laid sod a few years ago, and I swear to god my arms have never been so sore. You, however, will probably be just fine. I'm sure your arms are super buff from lugging 4 squirmies around ;)

Let us know how the Nanny does!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home