Thursday, July 14, 2005
Type fast, Laura, type fast!
OMG, that title alone reminded me of something I'm pretty sure I forgot to share from last week. I was barreling along in my minivan at about, oh, 65 mph on a little rural road heading out to pick up K from daycare the day she came home from her dad's house - and I thought I'd call my girlfriend Angie to see how she's doing since she brought that new baby home - and RIGHT as the phone was ringing, a prairie dog ran out in front of me. I yelled at him "Run faster! Run faster! Run faster!" but he only cleared the first tire, and the second one got him. Ugh!!!! It made the most horrifying sound - it was the first time I've ever hit anything while driving. And Angie's boyfriend answered the phone right as I hit him. Ha! I was all, "Aughhhhh! Is Angie there?" Hehe! I noticed last night when we were driving to Lowes that the prairie dogs just sat by the side of the road and waited for me to pass before they crossed. Honey said they must remember me. "Bitch! You killed my nephew!"

Anyway.

I have no time to be online. I can only get on early in the morning before the kids are up or late at night after they're in bed. I still haven't found a new, safe home for my laptop yet with our new family room situation, where the kids are running free and hop on the sofa, where my laptop used to live. So, no daytime internet usage in this house at the moment. And the boy is already up, playing in his crib, so I need to hurry up and post!!

Perhaps bulleted lists are the way to go? We'll try it.

- Today, I'm meeting honey for lunch with the kids and the nanny we're interviewing is meeting us there! Woo! He wanted to meet her before I officially say, "Yes, get your ass over here and watch my kids so I can do laundry and clean bathrooms!" So, McDonald's Playland for us today. Woo!

- Echo did my wedding invitations and they're AWESOME! I can't wait to get them! AND - go read her blog, right now. She has big news!

- I don't want to say anything out loud until the tickets are in my hands, but it looks VERY GOOD that honeybun scored us free tickets to the Hilary Duff concert this weekend! K will be SHOCKED when she finds out. Nice birthday surprise, huh?

- My kids got to meet their cousin yesterday for the first time - I haven't seen him myself in NINE YEARS! It was SO FUN to hang out with him! He's taller than me and has a deep voice, and he's TWENTY-ONE. I can't even wrap my head around all of this. But it was terrific to see him. I hope we can see a whole lot more of him and my kids can develop a real relationship with him now that he's living here to go to school. Wheee, new family!

- I'm considering trying Crest White Strips to brighten up my teeth for the wedding. Thoughts? Experiences? Horror stories? Throw them my way, baby.

- The kids are all being AWESOME!! They're loving their freedom. The boy is still having tantrums once in awhile, but like people keep telling me, maybe he's pissed because he doesn't speak our language. LOL! That's gotta be frustrating. The little babies are sitting up pretty well now on their own, too! Fun times over here. I put some new pictures up over there <--- on Flickr from the park the other day. My big girl had ponies in her hair for the first time ever. Much cuteness.

- Okay, I'm freakin' starving all of a sudden. It's time to get those kids up so I can have a bagel or something.

I miss checking blogs throughout the day! I made my way through most of my blogroll last night and caught up with everyone pretty much. I'm thinking of you guys, even if I'm not leaving you thirty-seven comments an hour. Love ya. xo.
posted by Unknown at 7:32 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never tried the whitening strips... I had a dealie made for my mouth from the dentist and get the goopy gel to put in it.

Have fun at McD's :D Good luck on the nanny!

I bet the invitation are beautiful. I hope when the time comes you'll share them online.

Have a good day :o)

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The white strips work great. The only thing that bothered me is about half way through the pack my teeth started getting really sensitive. It stopped after I stopped using them though.

How fun! My step daughter is 8 and would LOVE to go to a Hilary Duff concert. :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

We are thinking of you during the day as well. Glad things are going well! Post a picutre of the wedding invitation if you can. I would LOVE to see it :)

Never tired white strips but I really want to but they are pretty damn expensive!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Wow a nanny interview! I'm so excited for you!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

A nanny? Cool! I think that would be perfect for you!

I am so excited about Echo! She lives on the other side of town from me, and now I just need to get up with her and start hanging out!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, those prarie dogs are great!! You gotta love them... he was probably a depressed prarie dog. They suck on 6th ave by the base. Anyways... have fun at McD's and good luck with the nanny! You will have to show us your invitations as soon as you get them!! Where are you guys holding your ceremony? We should meet up one of these days, I have heard so much about the babies (and older one) that I would love to meet you sometime and see them in real life!!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home