Thursday, July 21, 2005
Bleah.
I think I'm getting sick. Me, who never gets sick. Me, who has been fit as a fiddle while my whole family has had the flu, countless colds, tummy bugs...me, who CAN'T take the time to be sick. I just feel crappy. Run down, tired, and my head hurts. Wah. I felt this way yesterday, too, and hoped that getting a good night's sleep would help, but evidently it did not. One of the babies waking up at 5 didn't help things either, I'm sure.

And I have to go out in the world today, because I put off getting my birth control refilled, and I need to begin my new packet, uh, TODAY. So, a trip to the pharmacy will be necessary. Yay. I hoped I'd be able to have my HSG test and make sure "The Procedure" worked the way it was supposed to - but it looks like I'm still going to have to stay on the pill for at least another cycle or two. Which is probably good, since I can control when I'll get my friend and not end up being on the rag at my wedding. 'Cause, who wants that?

It was 105 degrees here in Denver yesterday. Dude. That's just insane. And I know it's going to be another hot mofo today. And we're out of milk, so a grocery store stop is also on the schedule. AND, my mother, trying to be helpful (rolls eyes - she ALWAYS, ALWAYS does stuff like this. It's like, thanks, but...you've just given me extra work and I could have done this easily myself...) ... my mother bought the kids the newest Baby Einstein - Baby Wordsworth. But she bought it on VHS. She was like, "Can't you just watch it on your VCR?" Um, no. I'm not even sure how to turn ON the VCR, we so rarely use it. And it's not hooked up to the TV in the playroom, where the kids watch movies. I appreciate the gesture, I really do - but it's so aggravating when she does stuff like that! I would have bought it myself anyway the first chance I had to leave the house, and now I have to stand in line to return it without a receipt, since she didn't give THAT to me.

Can you tell I'm cranky today? I am. I don't feel well.

And can I share with you a little pet peeve? I hate it when someone says they're going to stop by at 10 and they don't get there until noon. I hate it. Do you do that? DON'T. It's SO rude. Just because someone stays home doesn't mean they don't try to keep to a schedule, and if they're wondering if and when you're going to decide to show up, it throws everything off for the whole morning. Just...don't. If you can't seem to get your ass anywhere on time, just...BE NONCOMMITAL. Say, I'll stop by mid-morning, and I'll call when I'm on my way. Is that so hard? Give yourself a good four hour window. Don't laugh when they say you run on "Insert-name-here-Time." It's not funny. They're trying to make light of it, but in reality, they're pissed, annoyed, and cursing you on the inside because they constantly have to wonder if you're actually going to show up and if they're really THAT unimportant to you that you can't even TRY to stick to your plans.

Um, okay. I guess I had a little anger to work through, there. Ha!

And now I don't have anything else to say. Hopefully the kids will do something cute or something so I'll have something to post about later. Sheesh. Boring mama! Have a nice (what is today?) Thursday.
posted by Unknown at 11:17 AM

15 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Poor you! I can TELL you don't feel good. Is Molly coming today or tomorrow? Maybe you can get a good sleep while she's there. While you're out, get some DayQuil...it REALLY helps. (((hug)))

11:50 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Feel better soon! And seriously that's one of my biggest pet peeves too. You should see me hyperventilate when I think I'm going to be 10 minutes late meeting someone.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister always would snag my DVD's of movies b/c her MIL would send VHS. She try and give the VHS... ummm I don't think so, give me my DVD back!

I hope you feel better soon :(

Come to Phoenix! It's something like 111 and the humidity is picking up... almost Monsoon season. :P As much as I love rain, raining and 95 is so not cool. LOL

Darren is one who is on "Darren time". I am one who always has to be there on time or even a bit early or call the person. Luckily most ppl who know us, know how Darren operates. :/

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I feel ya on the tardiness! LOL I married into *Mand Time* and it SUCKS! If you make plans to be somewhere at xx time, BE there. Ugh.

Another shout out for the dayquil...shouldn't make you feel all groggy and out of it, but hopefully take the cruddiness out of your system.

Feel better!!!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh I had a Sister-in-law that did the "time thing" to me every time. When I'd ask her what time she'd be over, he response was....."well, what time WON'T you be home?"

Drove me nuts! I divorced her brother, so it's not my problem anymore ;)

Hope you feel better! Busy mom's can't get sick!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks when you are still expected to do the same things that you do when you're feeling 100%.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I'm sorry you don't feel well. I hope you get better soon. Being sick sucks!

Yeah, that's why I don't tell people a time unless I have to. When I do, I make sure it's something as late as possible, so if anything I will get there early!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So with you on the pet peeve. I don't mind if someone's 5 mins late, start getting antsy when they're 10 mins late, and by 15, I'm sweating and swearing and pissed right off.

How about when a certain close relative said he'd come see us in the hospital after I had the kidlet - we waited, waited, waited - he NEVER showed up. Still can't forgive THAT!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I have no patience for lateniks, if you say you're coming at 10 and you're still not here at 10:15 I am leaving JUST so you'll get the message. We routinely start dinner without our dinner guests if they don't come on time. Really, if you're going to be late CALL - it's not that hard.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh gosh, I am dieing from this heat. i willbe glad to get back into the 80's.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

hope you feel better quickly. You have WAYYY to much going on.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Just checking in to see if you were feeling better.

7:13 AM  
Blogger k8 said...

yes. i completely hate it when peeps are late!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. . .you posted Thursday, and now it's Tuesday, with no new post. Guess you were rights about thinking you were getting sick :-( I hope you're better really soon.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Um, they never tested me to see if my ligation took. Should I be worried?

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home