Tuesday, July 26, 2005
We have grass! We have grass!
So, we've been mofo busy for days and days, and I keep meaning to post, but seriously, I haven't had a spare minute. So, I'm c/ping these from the boards - sorry for that. But I know you're dying to see pictures of my yard, so here they are. (Yay!)

I took this from the balcony upstairs. This is our side yard, with our little worker bees:





And here's the backyard - honey put this HUUUUGE, like 40 x 40 foot tarp over that part of the yard, so they'd be in shade. Well, of course, it's windy as HELL out here, so come afternoon, that thing was flapping so hard, I thought our whole house was going to fly away!!



Here they are laying grass, and you can see the brick walkway:



Here's most of the grass down - that's my dad there, looking like a hissing cat or something. Ha!



And here's the backyard grass, after the tarp came down. And the man's being silly, shaking his ass at me:



We bought this arbor at Sam's Club for less than $100 for the wedding. We couldn't have bought the wood that cheap. Honey and his best friend put it together and here they are:



And here he is showing us his little card he got for becoming an ordained minister - he's going to marry us!



Last night the guys got a couple of loads of fill dirt for the area where the shed is going. While they were outside unloading the trailer, they saw these guys - they weren't even spooked! This is like - a few feet behind our back fence!





So, that's why I've been busy. Watching the kids 24/7 and making tons of food for people working on my yard. Yay! I'll post more now, promise.
posted by Unknown at 2:08 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger LaDonna said...

I love the arbor, as well. I'm so glad it's finally all coming together.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I love that arbor! Everything looks so great, guys! I'll bet the kids are going to love playing in the backyard now.

And I second the notion of it being a great place to get married. Talk about bringing everything full circle. What awesome energy and love that must run through your house every day.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lookin good!!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It looks great! Love that arbor, too. :)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Wow, what pretty grass. Your yard is nice!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your yard looks great! The arbor is beautiful! Mike's marrying you guys? That's so cool!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great! Your guy is really handy, you're lucky :)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home