Thursday, August 04, 2005
We so fly.
I'm tripping out a little that we're getting married in less than a month, and we still have so, so much to do. Mostly just anal stuff like getting the house really, really, (no, REALLY.) clean from top to bottom, cleaning all the windows and carpets and hanging pictures we haven't had a chance to hang in the two years we've lived here and making sure people notice We Have A Nice House, Dammit. All of a sudden, half of the mister's family has decided they're coming out for the wedding, and he wants them to know that We Have A Nice House, Dammit. It's understandable. When you grow up poor, it's fun to show off what you've made for yourself after you're all grown up.

So, our nanny is coming for five hours today. And during that time, I am going to ATTACK the attic. K used to have her bedroom up there, and when she moved back downstairs, she left A TON of stuff up there. Mostly toys she doesn't play with. I told her if she hasn't missed them all summer long, it's time for them to either get packed up for the girls when they get older or sold at a garage sale. Mean mommy. And this is practically our last day of summer vacation together, as she's going to daycare tomorrow for their end of summer sleepover party, then it's the weekend, then she goes back to her dad's, and then school starts. Summer: poof. We sure didn't do much! And it sure flew by!!

Speaking of the nanny, she's soon going to be leaving us. :sniff: I really like her and the kids like her too - but she doesn't aspire to be a nanny, she aspires to be a social worker, considering she has a master's degree in social work. I figured she'd be finding a job she loved, and she did, so she probably won't have much time for us anymore. And that's fine. Although I adore her, it really wasn't the arrangement I needed. Four hours a couple of days a week doesn't give me the time I need to get stuff done. It just doesn't. Especially because I usually end up using that time for other stuff, like K and I getting our hair cut and colored, or taking another kid to the doctor or something. What I REALLY need is someone who lives in my neighborhood, really close by, to come over every weekday for an hour or two. THAT would allow me to keep caught up on laundry and housework and wedding plans and all that stuff. I certainly wouldn't expect our nanny to drive clear across town EVERY DAY. I need someone closer, someone who just wants a little extra cash. Unfortunately, most women who don't have kids already have JOBS during the day. See my dilemma? I'm writing up a little help wanted ad to post on our neighborhood mailbox. Hopefully I can find someone.

YAWN! It's raining and dark here, and makes me want to go back to sleep. One of the girls got me up at 1:30 and then was the first to wake up this morning, so I'm extra sleepy today. I hope today the little ones are back to their happy little selves. They've been so cranky since they got their shots on Tuesday!

Well, THIS was boring. Someday, cool things will happen to me and I can post about them!

Oh! I can share pictures of our new hair. Here is K, with her new RED hair! I cannot get over how incredibly SHINY it is! And neither can she! She keeps passing the mirror and looking at herself.





And mine. K took these.







Trying to get pretty for the wedding!! I feel so unattractive these days, with my "mom" hair up in the clippy and my lack of makeup. I'm excited to look really spectacular for the wedding - hopefully I WILL!

Have a nice Thursday. :-)
posted by Unknown at 9:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home