Tuesday, August 09, 2005
The loooove bed. And other stuff.
Guess what I did yesterday? I actually bought some stuff for our BEDROOM - the one room of the house that has never been decorated in any way whatsoever. Well...we did paint it before we moved in, which is the only thing keeping it from being just horrid. We have our computers in here - tons of CDs and computer equipment - BOXES of office supplies...It would be terrific if we had a home office! At the same time, though, I like having our computers right here so we can get online right before bed. I never liked being online late at night in my living room when I lived at my townhouse. Anyway. The bedroom has looked like total shit since we moved in. We even had honey's old, comfortable, UGLY comforter on the bed. Well, it's not UGLY - it's just - plain. So, I bought a new comforter, some curtains, and some candle holder/sconce thingies for the wall. It looks pretty! The man was so impressed! Here it is:

The Love Bed.


(If I had a heart-shaped headboard, it could be that bed from The Sims!)

Today is playgroup. I hope it works out today that we can go, because we missed it last week due to immunizations, and the kids have been sort of bouncing off the walls all week. I really think they missed seeing the kids and going to the park. The chick who sort of heads it up has sold her house in my neighborhood (wah!) and the closing is TODAY, so I'm feeling doubtful that she'll be there. And I don't know if anyone else will call me. I feel so bad for these two girlies - the two moms I first met a few months ago who told me about playgroup. They live just two houses apart and they're very close, and so are their little girls. I know the one who's staying is pretty devastated that her friend is moving away! We can all still get together for playgroup and stuff, but it's not the same as having someone right there to call on at any time. Poor chickees.

I'm getting antsy about the wedding. I feel like I am so disorganized about the whole thing, and it's bugging me. I need to make final plans for the food still. My, uh...stepmother-in-law offered to make a couple of big lasagnas and a big salad, but I'm not really going for that and neither is the mister. First of all, it seems like messy food to be eaten at a party. Secondly, I'd like to get it all catered! LOL! It IS our wedding; I don't want it to resemble a potluck TOO much. I'm still leaning toward trays from Sam's Club. I'm trying to remember waaaaaay far back in my memory, about twelve years or so, when I had my ex-sister-in-law's wedding reception in my backyard. What food did we fix? I can't even remember! I guess I've blocked that little memory out. Just as well, she was such a little twat and her wedding day was a pain in my ass. I do remember that.

Speaking of the wedding, I'm having a dilemma. I need a song to have for the "walking down the aisle" part of the wedding. You know, the "Here comes the bride" song. Except I don't like that song. Any ideas? I want something more...summery, y'know? Maybe reggae-ish? I would love any ideas - or even MP3s! Thrown my way. Let me know, people. Help a girl out.

Oooh, and I had a Shopping Coup happen the other day. Ha! I grocery shopped WITHOUT my stroller!! We stopped at Albertson's to get some good steaks, and they have the most kickass bomb-diggity shopping carts for little kids that I've ever seen. They have this little area up front, way low to the ground, for two kids. With little seatbelts and steering wheels. (Our cart was a firetruck, but I also saw a blue cart that looked like a WHALE!!) Then, there's still the seat area in the basket like on a standard shopping cart. See, usually if they have an added on area like that for two kids to ride, they eliminate the seat that's near the handle. But not on these carts! So I put the two baby girls in the seat part, facing each other. They just fit. It was precious. And we shopped! It was overpriced as hell, but delightful!!

In other news: my littlest baby FINALLY cut her first tooth yesterday. Two months after her twin sister!

Have a spectacular Tuesday. :-)
posted by Unknown at 9:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home