Monday, August 15, 2005
Ho hum!
I'm tired today! Nikki was having issues last night, and was up about three times between midnight and 1:30, when I finally took her and got into K's bed with her so we didn't wake anyone else up. (Don't worry, K was at her dad's house. LOL!) She eventually went back to sleep in her own bed for the rest of the night, but I'm tired as hell today and both baby girls are cranky - so is their big sister, who I'm sure had a bad night listening to the whining.

And I'm having a hard time transitioning the baby girls into daytime napping. One of them will fall asleep okay and the other fights it like hell, kicking and screaming in her crib, even though she's exhausted. So both are up. Why can't I have a six-bedroom house??? I'm currently listening to them crying on the baby monitor. Oh, what fun! STFU and go to sleep, little girls!

They opened up a kids' play area (like the giant food play area at the snobby mall) at our mall, and I thought about taking all the kids over today to check it out, but I just don't see it happening. Being tired or SOMETHING has turned all but one into the spawn of Satan, I swear. I don't want to unleash the rage on the general public just yet. I'd rather suffer here in my own house.

Hey, guess what? The yard is basically done. Honey put the lattice up on the fence and built little covers for the basement window wells. If he hadn't miscalculated how much lattice he needed, the kids could go out and play. But - he was short two pieces and some of the fence is still open. Maybe it'll get all fixed up tonight. I hope? I think going outside in the sunshine would help these kids run the bugs out of their butts! I'm loving the yard, though. I mean, from inside the house anyway. No that I've spent any time out there. But from in here, it looks really nice. The trellis over the patio is beautiful, and it makes it so much nicer inside - it creates just enough shade that the sun isn't in everyone's eyes at the breakfast table.

:::edit:::

Okay, it's like, seven hours later. Ha! The kids were being fucking HELLIONS and I had to save that to draft. Thankfully, the nanny was here today for a couple of hours, and as soon as she walked in, I got the hell out of dodge!! I went to Target and bought storage bins for the playroom. And Swedish fish. I talked on the phone with Kim. I got a Cheezy Gordita Crunch. All was well. I picked up K from her first day of 5th grade and we came on back home. The kids had a better afternoon than morning. Now I'm going to take a wee little nappy, because I'm sleepy as hell, dude.

Yay, only 3 hours and 25 minutes until bedtime!
posted by Unknown at 10:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home