Friday, August 19, 2005
Hmph!
So. Blogrolling took a shit today, huh? Hope it comes back soon.

I went to the market yesterday, but forgot that honey brought home a huge crate of peaches someone gave him at work. I wanted to make cobbler, so we had to run back out to the supermarket again today for baking powder and cornstarch. We got some gas, we were in and out of the market, and on our way back home, when I realized - hey, it's Friday! Garage sales! I saw two on the way home. One had just a few things - I got my big girl some of those sparkly dressup shoes, y'know what I'm talking about? They don't even match. LOL! She doesn't care. And the lady just gave them to me, so - good deal. Then I found another sale with lots and lots of toys. Score! Fucking bitch lady pissed me OFF, though! This old lady with a beehive hairdo tried to charge me TEN DOLLARS for about four dollars worth of toys. I had two stick ponies, one of those pushalong popcorn popper toys, a little ball with beads in it, and one of those wire balls with beads on it you can wind through the ball like a little roller coaster. Stuff you wouldn't expect to pay more than a dollar apiece for at a garage sale. And it was all filthy, too. She goes, "How 'bout ten dollars?" with a big smile. I glanced in my wallet and said, "How about six?" We dickered for a minute and she said, "Look, this is for a mission trip to Mexico. We can bend a LITTLE, but..." and the black dude with her said, "Six is fine." He took my money and I was on my way. Like I give a shit about their mission trip! I'm sure all their filthy toys were donated, so any cent they make is money toward their trip - they don't need to be ripping people off, charging way more money than the stuff is worth!! I should have told her that people who shop at garage sales are POOR LIKE ME, and don't have money to be throwing toward their mission trip. Every cent we have practically goes toward diapers and formula and baby food, so don't be tellin' me about trying to raise money for a trip. Nobody's raising money on OUR behalf, dammit! Ugh. I HATE when people try to charge an arm and a leg for USED crap. Hello? It's USED. I don't know the history of it; it might work great, or it might have fallen out of your pickup on the way here. Y'know? OH! And the lady goes, "All these toys are brand new!" HA! What? Are you high? They're dirty? Filthy! With little scratches and stuff! Like ALL garage sale crap! Sell it for a dollar, like the rest of the population, don't be giving me this "It's all new!" bullshit. Woman, please. I am the queen of the garage sales, I know what this shit is selling for three streets over!! I just said, "It doesn't LOOK new." I should have said, "If it's new, then LICK IT." ROFL!
posted by Unknown at 11:59 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home