Friday, August 19, 2005
Friday!
Good morning! This is the first day out of about seven where one of the girls didn't wake up in the middle of the night or at the buttass crack o' dawn. Yay! Of course, I woke up earlier than I wanted to because honey's stupid mofo alarm kept going off and off and off and off. His old one broke, so he's using this lame clock, and isn't sure of all the functions on it. I was ready to throw it out the window this morning! But still, I went back to sleep for another half hour or so after he left for work, and for the first time in DAYS, I feel fairly well rested!! But alas, I hear kids whining, so it must be breakfast time. I'll type fast.

K's first week of school has gone great. She really likes her teacher a lot and seems to be digging the routine. I'm one of those old school moms who believes all people function better when they have a specific routine to stick to. I think that's why summer vacation throws so many of us into a tailspin and we can't seem to catch our own asses or get anything done! Everyone always seems so happy when school starts back up!

Tonight, K and I have a date to watch the movie Because of Winn-Dixie. I bought it solely from Cindy's review of it back when she took Shannon to see it at the theater. She said it was one of her new favorite movies of all time! So I think K and I will enjoy it. We've been wanting to watch it all week, but our evenings are fucking chaos, dude. Nobody can sit down and watch a movie!! But since it's Friday and she can stay up late, we're going to watch it at 9 p.m., right after the big twins go to bed. I told her we'd even make popcorn. Yay!

Oh, and all of a sudden, I'm hating having long hair. Why, I don't know. I guess I'm just sick of wearing it UP every single day. Every day, it's up in a little claw clippy, because the kids pull it and it ends up in my mouth and in my eyes and stuff and bugs the shit out of me. I'm seriously thinking (after the wedding!) about going back to a cute little bubble bob. Every time my hair gets to this length, it starts to feel like curtains anyway, just hanging there around the sides of my head. Sucks having straight hair sometimes!

I'm making lasagna in the crockpot tonight. I know it sounds bizarre to make LASAGNA in the crockpot, but it actually comes out AWESOME! I have a terrific recipe I use. Here it is if you wanna try it!

Crockpot Lasagna

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 (26 to 28 oz.) jar tomato pasta sauce
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 (9 oz.) pkg. (about 8) no-boil lasagna noodles
1 (1-lb.) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
12 oz. (3 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Brown ground beef and drain.

Spray a 4 to 5-quart crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 c. of the tomato pasta sauce in the bottom of the sprayed crockpot. Stir the remaining tomato pasta sauce and the can of tomato sauce into the ground beef.

Layer 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce in the crockpot, breaking noodles as necessary. Top with 1/3 of the Alfredo pasta sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 c. of the mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.

Repeat the layers twice, using 2 noodles in the last layer. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.

Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.


Okay, have a spectacular Friday and a marvelous weekend. I'm getting married in fifteen days and have ten bazillion things to do, so hopefully you won't see me on here until Monday morning. Bye!
posted by Unknown at 7:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home