Sunday, June 12, 2005
Surprised to see me?
I'm generally not a weekend blogger, so, HELLO!

It's been raining for days and I can't seem to get ANYTHING done around the house and it's driving me nuts. I have a veritable fuck-ton of laundry to do. And I can't keep putting it off, because honey's going to work tomorrow and would probably appreciate having clothes to wear. Sigh. I remember thinking when I picked this floor plan how NICE it would be having the laundry room upstairs on the same floor as the bedrooms - no lugging clothes baskets up and down the stairs! I never realized it actually meant: no laundry ever gets done, because 99% of our time is spent downstairs in the kitchen/playroom/outside! The only time I can really do the laundry is during naptime, but unfortunately, the big girl's crib is right on the other side of the wall from the washer and dryer, so I can't run them while she's sleeping or it'll wake her right up. So basically, I RUN upstairs and throw clothes in to wash and run back down before the kids escape the playroom and hotwire the van. And nothing gets folded before it's wrinkled. It's driving me bananas, dude. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

And last week, I realized one of the automatic doors on my van has DIED. Oh, I was upset over this discovery!! Honeybun is taking it to the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it. I sure hope it's a quick fix and I can get my van back right away! I hate being stuck at home - and since we haven't been able to go to playgroup for two weeks, I was REALLY looking forward to going on Tuesday. This is the first problem I've ever had with my van - I love it so much - I'm so happy it's still under warranty!!

Today, I said TO HELL with the rain. To hell with it - we are GETTING WET, I don't care. I took all the kids to Sam's Club because we were out of milk and hamburger buns and toilet paper and paper towels and all that other stuff I always get at Sam's Club. And since I knew I wouldn't be able to go tomorrow because of the sad van door thing, we just had to go. And it was cold and damp. We all got a little moist. But we went. Woo-hoo! Now my pantry is full again. And I only ran into about ten people who said, "Boy, have you got YOUR hands full!"

I know you're dying to find out how our playdate went on Friday. It went fine. It was pouring freakinass rain THAT day, too, so no park for us. We went over to the twinmamachick's house (she lives, like, 90 seconds away from me. Seriously, I looked it up on Mapquest: it's .89 miles away.) and the kids played and watched Baby Einstein while we chatted. She was really nice. She didn't seem super judgemental in person, which was great. I can tell we are very, very different people - and that's totally okay with me. Like Sherina said in my comments, I'm not looking for a clone of myself to hang out with! Her kids are nearly two years older than mine, but they're TINY. I guess it really does take a long time to catch up for little tiny preemies. I hope we get to hang out again soon! The best, best, best thing of all was I noticed she lives right by the elementary school where our kids will probably go - and I noticed the school's playground is FENCED AND GATED!! It has two open gates, which I could use to close us all in and we could play in safety! Oh, the thought of being able to play on a playground without chasing two toddlers running in different directions - it's just an awesome thought!! I don't know why they're attracted to the street like little magnets, but they sure are. I can't wait until this deluge of rain lets up just a tad, so things will DRY OUT and we can GO PLAY!

I think that's all I have to say for now - I think I wanted to post more boring stuff about our weekend, but I am definitely detecting some caca in the air here - I need to see who needs their diaper changed, like, NOW. Have a splendid Sunday!! xo
posted by Unknown at 2:07 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you have your hand full:)

Our laundry room is upstairs as well...I HATE it.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, she's not on the same street - she's out of our subdivision, down the street a ways, and around the corner - but it's still less than a mile away with no traffic signals between us!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home