Thursday, June 02, 2005
Thursday!
Okay, so, it's Thursday! And the kids have been pretty good all day long. Shocking, I know. The boy has even been really smiley and cuddly and lots of fun to be around, even though he's not wanting to take his nap and I can hear him KICKING THE WALL with all his might, trying to move his crib across the room. Little stinker.

Today is the girlchild's last day of school. And tonight is the dress rehearsal for her dance recital. Where I will not be because honey's little brother is graduating from high school tonight and we will be there instead, with all of our babies. Sadly for me, tonight is the only night photographs and video are allowed at the dance thing. They don't allow cameras and all that during the recital. My girlfriend was kind enough to call and fill me in on this little fact, since K's dad couldn't be bothered to do so. ::eyeroll:: I'm bummed out that we can't take video or pictures of the recital and I can't even get to the dress rehearsal to get pictures and video then. But, high school graduations are pretty important as well. Fingers crossed that my friend takes lots of pictures for me! (I ain't counting on K's dad to send me pictures, or even bother to take any, as he doesn't seem to give two shits about ANY OF THIS. I'm still scratching my head as to why he absolutely INSISTED on enrolling her in dance, when he's been absolutely apathetic about all of it for the past year.)

It was a beautiful, bright and sunny morning, and now all of a sudden I'm finding myself sitting here in the dark. The sky is black and I hear thunder - sounds like summertime in Colorado is upon us!! This is good napping weather. I hope the kids sleep extra long because their rooms are so dark!

Remember yesterday when I posted that I was going to run around and do some quick picking up before the man got home from work? Well, right after I posted that, one of the kids fell off the toybox and needed some attention. Then after I cuddled and kissed booboos, I started picking up the kitchen and in walked honeybun! He decided to come home from work early, on the day I was being a slackass. Whoops! But it's okay. We had a nice night. We took the kids out in our backyard to let them play with the dirt and the sticks and the weeds and the rusty nails. Woohoo! They took their shoes off and lay down in the dusty dirt - good thing I bathed them that morning. We all came in and ate leftover tacos and watched The Eagles concert on TV. I loved it. I LOVE the Eagles. Are there people out there who are NOT Eagles fans? I don't see how if you're my age, you can't love them. That's our childhood music, man! Even though I mostly listen to hip hop these days, I love me some classic rock.

And today I've already gotten more done than I did yesterday. I scrubbed up the kitchen really good, cleaned the downstairs bath, straightened things up upstairs, did two loads of clothes, and folded a ton of stuff from yesterday. And I took a shower. Go, me.

By the way, one more thing I wanted to mention. I'm sometimes a little snarky, but I'm NOT a mean person - if I hurt your feelings, I will apologize immediately because I hate doing that. So if I ever say or do something that bothers you, please bring it to my attention so we can talk about it and get past it. However, once I apologize, realize that the incident is over and we CAN move on with our lives. I don't need your passive aggressive snide remarks punishing me for being bad, okay? I really dislike confrontation, and usually avoid it. But I hate passive aggressiveness and subtle hostility much, much more. I'd rather get it out in the open and fight about it and be done with it than have this petty "what does she mean by THAT?" nonsense going on. Ugh.

All righty, I'm off to do more mommy stuff. Actually, I'm off to eat a popsicle and watch While You Were Out. Hee!
posted by Unknown at 2:06 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got released from addition Step-Mom duties on top of Dance recitle mom tonight so... It will be a little easier snapping pictures and videoing as much as I can! :)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a huge difference between snarky and mean, and you definitely do not seem mean. So if anyone has a problem with you, it's their problem, not yours.

I find people so sensitive nowadays, apparent by the multitude of catfights on some of the message boards I frequent.

So just keep being you and don't let the passive-aggressive/subtle hostility people get you down!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I hate that passive aggressive crap also. I have no time for it!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I don't think I'm your age. I'm pretty sure I'm not, actually, b/c the Eagles were old when I was a teenager, so...I grew up with Nirvana and Pearl Jam...

I agree, if someone feels hurt by what you say, then it's their problem, not yours. This is your blog to speak your mind. I have that problem all to often on mine. Undoubtedly, if you have thoughts about things, some people think it's better that you just keep them to yourself, which I'm no good at!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home