Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Playgroup!!
Guess what weeeee did todaaaaay? We went to our first playgroup outing!! And it was SUCH A BLAST! I almost wish we wouldn't have had SUCH a good time, because now I'll always expect it to measure up to today. Ha!

We went to a park pretty far away, but it was AWESOME. It had the best equipment for toddlers - I didn't have to worry that the kids were going to get hurt - and there were so many sweet kids there that the big twins had LOTS AND LOTS of kids to keep them busy and entertained, and I *barely* had to chase them. I chased them each down maybe twice, as compared to the constant running I usually do when we brave going to the park. It was GREAT! The kids had a nice time, I had a nice time, I met a whole bunch of really nice women (damned if I can remember ANY of their names though! Wait. One was Anita. The rest - hmph. I'll have to take notes next time!) and a bunch of ADORABLE children. After the park, we went to Burger King for lunch. I didn't let the kids out of the stroller in the play area, though, because I'm a mean mommy who doesn't want to have to rescue two toddlers from the tubes!

The kids wore themselves OUT and slept all the way home - and they're still sleeping! I managed to get them upstairs into their cribs without them fully waking up, so it looks like it's going to be a good nap day, too.

It's been a SPLENDID day. I'm SO SO SO glad I went. I was apprehensive, because that's how I am when it comes to meeting new people, but everyone was awesome.

Whee!
posted by Unknown at 2:32 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Good for you!!! It is so hard to meet people sometimes. Especially when you are the mother of a bunch of little ones. I am soooo very happy for you.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! So happy for you and the littles!!!!!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you all got out and had a nice time! :-)

4:43 PM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Yay!! Glad you had a good outing--hope you have many more.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Glad to hear you had a nice day. Sounds like the big twins enjoyed themselves too.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Laura - I am thrilled that you got out and had such a good time. I hope every time is as delightful as today's play date. Hope did the little twins do at the park and Burger King?

Denise

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, typed 2312.6 lines today for work and goofed up on above post. HOW did the little ones do today?

Denise

8:57 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I've been wanting to go to a playgroup, too. Stuff keeps coming up, and I'm a little apprehensive as well. I think your post has led me to actually attend one now!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo hoooo Glad you had an awesome time!!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home