Tuesday, May 10, 2005
I think I forgot to mention - after my long-winded woe-is-me post last Friday, honey watched the kids and I took off for a couple of hours. I got my hair cut (!) and my eyebrows waxed (!!) and bought cute, girlie sandals that go with nothing I own, just because I felt like getting something that didn't scream out SOCCER MOM. It was delightful. I didn't even mind driving at night, in the rain, which ordinarily would scare the crap out of me. I was so happy to be getting some time to myself, I decided I could just "drive by feel" - hehe! I didn't feel myself running anything over, so I think it was all good!

And what is the deal with that whole "can't see shit at night" thing? I was complaining about it to the man tonight, because I had to run out and get girlchild from dance, and I swear, I couldn't see a thing! I was driving soooo slowly, trying to be cautious. Sucks. He said it's just me getting old. Hmph.

The kids are doing okay. Big girl is still a snot factory. Oh! Remember when I met the mamas at the park and discussed the playgroup thing? One of them called me today to see if I wanted to go! Woot! I decided to bail though, because I didn't want their first impression of me to be That Woman Who Brought Her Sick Children. She said she'd call me next week, though, so - yay! We ended up going out for a little bit today anyway. We went to a park over by honey's work and he met us for an hour. I packed PB&J and goldfish crackers for the kiddies and they had their lunch in the park. It was hot as HELL outside though! We were miserable, and my girlie's face matched her magenta top by the time we left. I think honey had to take a "shower" in the men's room when he got back to work! The kids were SO pissed when it was time to leave. I know I always make them leave too soon, but dude. It's too hard. It really is. We try to play for awhile, but it's too hard to chase them both all over the place, even with another grownup there. They're just not old enough to grasp the concept of staying close to mommy and not leaving the playground. I am SERIOUSLY going to look into getting some KID LEASHES for them. It's just not safe having to chase them everywhere, and have to leave the babies in the stroller while I do so. It stresses me out, man!

Oh, and I had a nice mother's day too! We had my folks over and grilled brats and burgers. My mama made potato salad and fruit salad (yummy, yummy) and I made pasta salad. We drank a bunch of Maywine. Honey's aunt and her boyfriend were over, and they brought me a little present...they were down at the Cinco de Mayo parade and bought me a pair of matching Homies...I tried to find a picture online but couldn't, so I'll have to just snap one myself. It's a woman pushing a twin stroller. They got me two of them. I think I should glue the two strollers together and cut off one of the women! "The kids" got me a pair of cute capris and a couple of shirts. Honey brought me home a bunch of roses. And my mama LOVED the sweatshirt I got her with all the kids' names embroidered on it! It was a lovely day.

Anyway, that's it. Except for this - photo of the day...last year at this time, when shopping was still easy!

posted by Unknown at 11:23 PM

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - that picture!!! My heart!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I see you are at Target in the pic!lol The kids look so cute! Glad you had a nice mother's day and that you got to get the hell outta the house the other night!:-)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

They are adorable, glad to hear your mothers day was nice. Very cool about the moms group. That will be sucha nice time for you and the kids.

7:53 AM  
Blogger k8 said...

i tried the twin leashes and my girls totally went bonko in rebellion. so if u want em i will gladly give em to ya!!! just email me

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those shoes are cute. Are they Naturalizers? Nothing like spending a little cash to make us feel better, huh.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear that the eye thing is from having kids. My eyes are worse now, and I don't like to drive at night anymore either!

--Colleen

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You call that easy?? LOL! Great picture. I hope that you make it to play group soon with well babies!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwe look at the pic. Too darn cute.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I am so glad to see my daughter is not the only baby girl to be bald.
Where in the hell in Co are you girl? I am your new best friend!!! LOL

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home