Monday, May 09, 2005
The Baby
Little baby N, my youngest child (by four minutes) is SO sweet. She's so mellow and easygoing, she rarely fusses, she smiles all the time and coos whenever you speak to her. However, today, she has cried almost all day. I have NO idea what the heck is wrong with her. I know she's not feeling well, and I've sucked her nose out with the blue thing a couple of times, which hasn't exactly boosted her mood. For awhile, she was fine as long as I didn't dare put her down. I tried to put her in the swing and the bouncer, and she would have none of it. But now, she's just wailing even in my arms, so I figure, if she's going to cry anyway, she may as well cry in the swing so I can get AWAY from her for five seconds. She woke me up at 5 a.m. and it's just been whine, whine, whine all day. I sure hope she doesn't have an ear infection or something. I am reluctant to call the doctor, because they always err on the side of caution and tell me to bring the kids in, and then I end up spending a hellish hour in the doctor's office with four babies and spending a $30 copay for them to say, "Welp. We can't find anything wrong!" I'm trying to trust my instincts more. Hopefully they won't steer me wrong this time!
posted by Unknown at 10:23 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For as many times as I had to drag my kids to the doctor to have their ears checked, it made me want to get an otoscope for use around the house. Diagnose at home and THEN go in for meds...LOL!

--Colleen

11:16 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Maybe she is constipated or teething? I'd give it another day or 2 before calling the doc.
i hope she is back to 100% soon!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home