Monday, May 09, 2005
...Getting better?
Well, the little one stopped her howling, poor little angel. I just tried to imagine what she needed and it seemed like she just needed ME. Just being there to comfort her. I think she was super pissed off that her throat was all mucusy and that she kept sneezing. I finally got her to fall asleep in my arms and I put her down on the floor on honey's soft In-N-Out blanket. She slept for awhile and later on, she actually played on the floor under her kick gym and sucked on her binky, so I think she's doing better. And she's swinging away, half asleep, right now. Whew.

Now, if I could only figure out why the boy has decided to stop napping. Two days in a row now, he lies in his crib and hollers, kicking the wall and moving the crib away from the wall with each kick. Little booger.

I must say, the big twins were SO DAMNED GOOD for me this morning. God must know just how much I can handle, because I had a screaming 3-month-old baby on my lap for at least three hours, and the other kids were delightful. They played together, they didn't fight, they didn't hit each other, they giggled, they watched Elmo, they imitated Mr. Noodle's dance, they were awesome. Hopefully little boy blue didn't wear himself out doing his Nap Protest, and they'll have a decent afternoon, too. I think we'll go out in our dirt yard (hee!) and play for awhile.
posted by Unknown at 1:45 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he's awake and hollering because he figures he's missing something great in the big exciting girls' room! Heh.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Glad to hear the baby N is feeling better and the other kiddos were good for you.

Hope you had a nice mothers day!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up on the last couple of posts here..
I hate to say it but both of my older kids had outgrown naps by the time they were 2 (actually well before they turned).

I wont say *I know what youre going through* because I dont, but I had my older two pretty close together (13 and a half months apart in age) but it wasnt like FOUR of them... however I know that running-running-running-never-ever-stopping-not-for-a-second-until-its-bedtime-and-even-though-you-really-SHOULD-sleep-because-you-get-so-little-sometimes-you-stay-up-&-just-sit-&-listen-to-the-silence-but-then-you-kick-yourself-in-the-morning-because-youre-just-still-so-freaking-tired-never-mind-you-only-sat-and-listened-to-the-silence-for-15-minutes Thing. I honestly do & I feel for you. During the worst of it I would just sit & cry because my hubby was in Bosnia (he was gone for 15 months.. left when I was pg with number 2)& we were living with my parents, mom had a broken arm & was helpless (shes pretty much always helpess anyway)& I couldnt let the house go because it wasnt MY house to let go & she demanded a LOT...and it just seemed like I was tying to be superwoman & do it all, alone.

It gets worse before it gets better though (please dont hurt me LOL) but when it gets better it gets a LOT better. I know that doesnt help you now, but you'll make it.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home