Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Fame Whores, part 1
So, tonight is the night that our little news story airs. If you're in the Denver area, it's on channel 7 at 10 p.m. I've been hoping it wasn't going to make us look like total idiots, but I'm worried that they really made it out to be dramatic and downright frightening! Ack! I was sitting here on the sofa at 7:30 this morning with crying baby on my lap, half asleep because I had been up with her since 4...K was fixing herself breakfast...the TV was on very low...and K goes, "That's our family!" I glanced up and saw promo for tonight's news, and myself on TV talking. I couldn't hear what I was saying, but right after, this ominous voice goes, "Can Supernanny fix this?" I'm going to be SO PISSED if this whole thing plays out like we're complete idiots with out-of-control kids!!

I saw it again a little while later and it went sort of like this... "Tonight, at 10:15 - TWO sets of twins..." cut to footage of the big twins rolling on the floor, throwing a fit, crying...quickly cut to footage of me feeding everyone breakfast...daddy sitting on the floor with all the kids climbing on him...the little babies rolling around on the floor under the baby gym...me sitting at the counter with him, saying, "The days go by pretty fast..." footage of one of the kids picking up a foam chair and throwing it at someone...me saying something like, "We just wait around for all of them to fall asleep at night..." The nanny (whom we just met THAT AFTERNOON) picking up one of the kids, then the ominous news guy voice saying, "Can Supernanny fix this?"

I sure hope we did the right thing!! The man was watching with me and laughed - he said, "Two minutes may not be very long, but it'll be just enough to ruin us." Ha!

I'm so antsy to watch it now!
posted by Unknown at 9:42 AM

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG. I so wish I could see that! Too bad you can't tape it and send out copies to all of us who don't live in Denver! Damn. Is there a newslink to it online maybe?

EdenM
momof2boys.com

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, looks like they would have let you and Paul screen the final tape before airing it! Sure wish I could see it and can't wait for you to post all about what they show.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Eden (and anyone!) you can just click "other" where it says "Choose an Identity" and then enter your own name and URL there. Lickety split!

I'm hoping they'll put it on their website.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they do put it on the website, and I hope they don't make you guys look too bad...I have read on the Nanny 911 forum how people that know the families say it's mostly staged, well no matter what the news shows, we know the real you and that's all that matters :) I think it takes a lot of courage to put yourself and your family out there. I hope we get to see the show too :)

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool, but I really hope they don't make you guys out to be harried or lazy parents! I'm sure the nanny was probably impressed with the way you have it all down to a science. There couldn't have been anything she had to teach or show you - she probably took away pointers herself! Any way to see it online or anything? I hope they do put it on a website, I would LOVE to see you, Paul and the 5 chicklets!

~Whitney

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I wish we could see it but we arent in the denver area. oh well. Maybe they will show it here/

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I wondered if that was going to happen. Remember news programs are after one thing---ratings. And they're more likely to blow stuff out of proportion than not, to that end! I sure wouldn't have trusted them to do right by ME. If they lied to you when they said oh we'll make you look good, you raise holy hell. Go straight to the station manager. Want to know how desperate OUR local news stations are for shit to fill their time? "tonight at 10---uses for your iPod you probably don't even know exist!" ohhh yeah, I'll be sure to tune in! (eye roll)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Neat! I love watching those nanny shows.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm such a moron. I read your last post on the other journal, and the part about you moving over here must have left my brain. I kept checking back all last week, and finally this morning I check the comments to see if anyone else asked where you were, and DUH!!!

That's cool though, I have a lot of reading to catch up on!! hee!!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TIVO'd it so I still haven't watched it. (Was in bed at like 9 last night.) But I'll be watching it this afternoon! Janelle*

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it! I haven't been reading blogs in a few days with babysitting and I read this morning, and I missed it! How did it go?? I am so upset that I missed you guys on TV!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep checking your blog to see how it went. Let us know! I wish I could see it.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it! I thought it was good! Especially the part when they asked how you felt when you found out you were pregnant with twins again and you two started jabbering at the same time. LOL! All the kiddos looked adorable!

Good job!

Janelle*

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new issue of Parents Magazine has a couple with THREE sets of twins! lol

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home