Sunday, October 02, 2005
Slacker Post.
* My parents came over today and watched the kids so I could go shopping. I used a gift card from our wedding to buy new bath towels - yay! Ours were ratty as hell. I also went to the Skechers outlet and bought myself TWO PAIRS OF SHOES! Yay! It's only been a year and 11 months since I bought new shoes. (!!) And since I LOVE Target so much, I went in and bought toilet paper and sponges and baby food and some pasta and a can of formula and a new bra. Only because it was between Linens and Things and the Skechers outlet. I still hate that store.

* Paul's currently halfway across the state, on his first Official Motorcycle Ride With The Boys. He sounded giddy the two times he called. The first time, they were at the brand new Hooters in Colorado Springs, and the second time, they were at the foot of Pike's Peak. I don't imagine he'll be home for dinner. When he called, he said, "Honey! I'm going to join a motorcycle gang, okay?" Haha!

* The kids are being extra good today, in spite of the fact that Nikki kept most of us awake for several hours in the middle of the night. We're currently sitting on the patio and Pablo and Mallory are sharing one Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (yes we have two, but for some reason...) and Nikki and Lexi are in their walkers, babbling to each other. And I'm enjoying having a 'net connection out here. It's a BEAUTIFUL, blissful autumn day. Oh wait, Nikki's crying now.

* Mallory got hurt on the playground - she hooked her heels in while she was going down the giant slide, and the momentum spun her around upside down in the air and she did a faceplant in the dirt at the bottom of the slide. It was DAMNED traumatic for both of us, as all I could do was sit and watch her get hurt. Ugh!!! She's doing fine now, but has road rash on her face. (I had to dig gravel out of her teeth! Poor baby!)

* Tomorrow is my twin club meeting and I'm so excited - it's been so much fun lately. This year, they've been doing a lot more fun things and a lot more fun people have joined the club. I always used to go to the meetings dutifully, but barely talked to anyone. Now it's great! Whee! (And I forgot to buy cheese and crackers to take to the meeting when I was at StupidTarget. Dammit!)

* I started Weight Watchers again last week. You may or may not know that I was doing WW when I got pregnant with the girls and had pretty good success with it, and I've been waiting, waiting, waiting for that magic SWITCH to get turned on in my head to make me start up again. It happened last week, and I'm so happy. Already, my clothes are looser and I feel a lot better. I can't wait until I like how my clothes look again! That's the thing about having a baby. (Or four.) The numbers on the scale don't even really matter. I weigh less now than before I got pregnant, but my clothes sure as hell don't fit like they did then!! Looking forward to saying buh-bye to some of my twinskin. (You twin mamas know what I'm talkin' about.)

* Kayley and I went shopping for her Halloween costume - got to get that done early or it's too picked over, y'know? She's going to be this little angel/devil which suits her perfectly. She's already picked out which earrings she's going to wear and boots and everything. I thought she was going to be with her dad on Halloween, but he has plans, so she'll be with us after all. Yay!!! We're going to go trick-or-treating with RaeJean and her brood, and I just can't wait. So far, Paul and I don't have plans to dress up, but I guess that *could* change?

* I'm getting sick of blogspot. LOL! I'm trying to set up my blog on pMachine again, but holy fucking hell, it is slow going. I don't have much time to really work on the blog, because I really need undivided attention when I'm writing code and messing with templates and all that, so I don't do it while the kids are up - only late at night. At this rate, expect my blog to be back on paulnlaura about...hmmm. Christmas?
posted by Unknown at 3:08 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I am very happy to read this. Appreciate your sharing
happy wheels

12:39 AM  
Blogger alicetaylor123 said...


I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.

lennyfacetext.com

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home