Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Happy Wednesday. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, didja know that? And in addition to today being MY HUSBAND'S birthday, it's my half birthday. Woo-hoo. I'm 32 and a half today. (Guess that's a bigger deal when you're 10 1/2.)

It's windy and LOOKS overcast out - we haven't been outside yet, so I don't know if it's hot or cold. Yesterday was hot as fucking hell; it came within a degree of breaking a record. I don't remember the temp, but it was definitely in the 90s - in mid-September! It's not usually like that in Colorado. In fact, usually by this time of year, it's getting to be jacket weather. It cools off FAST in September, but I guess not this year! Yesterday, Pablo and Mallory had bright red faces from playing out in the yard.

Okay, enough babbling about the weather. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the kids to playgroup. It's not the usual one we go to, it's one organized through my twin club, so all the kids are twins. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun, and lots less stressful, since I won't be the only mom there with twins, running her ass off trying to keep them out of things. But it is ALL the way across town, and it does mean giving up precious naptime. The kids will probably sleep in the car, since it's a good half hour drive. But my house is a pit, and I need to get some stuff picked up before I can even consider leaving. What should I do?? I think when I get done here, I'll go clean the bathroom and pick up the playroom and call it good, then we'll get out of here and go play. Tomorrow's trash day too, so I need to run up and get all the stinky diapers out of the kids' rooms. Bleck.

So, does anyone besides me and Gina get that Kraft Food and Family magazine? Sometimes, they have the most awesome, kickass recipes. Other times, the recipes in there suck big time! I've read several sites where people raved over the foil wrapped chicken, but we didn't dig on it that much. Paul thought it was really bland and neither one of us liked the half-cooked mushrooms. Last night, I tried making some dish with kielbasa and macaroni and cheese and broccoli and tomatoes. It was as gross as it sounds. The first couple of bites were delightful (because we were starving) but the more we ate, the more the cheese and tomatoes congealed, and the nastier it was!! Paul ended up pulling all the kielbasa out and eating it and we threw out the rest. Now Paul is like, honey? Can you just make the regular boring shit you always make? LOL! I have one more recipe to try, the Prairie Land Pot Roast - mostly because I want to try making a roast on the stovetop in my new cookware instead of in the crotchpot like I always do. If it comes out shitty, I'm gonna be mad!

Oh, and did you watch that show last night, My Name is Earl...? It was HYSTERICAL. Paul was working on his van, but watched it on his garage TV - yes, he has cable in the garage - priorities, y'know! If he only had a urinal out there, he'd probably never come inside. Anyway, I laughed my ass off through the whole show. And then Paul was finished outside, so we watched The Office together. That show is SO funny and well done - one of the things I like about it is it seems so REAL, like you're watching live theater or something - I found myself actually, like, BLUSHING in embarrassment for these people!! LOL!

I'm glad TV watching season is back! I'm still seriously coveting a TIVO, and I just don't see us getting one. The problem is that we don't have TIME to watch the shows we would record. It's now or never for us, y'know? That's why I try not to commit to watching too many shows. We only have a handful we really like. (Still, I want that fricken Tivo!! What do I have to do to talk my man into it?)

Okay, I'm outtie - gonna clean up so we can go play with the other twinsies! Have a nice day!
posted by Unknown at 11:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home