Thursday, September 29, 2005
Stupid Target.
I went to Target anyway. By the time Paul got home, I was really annoyed, and when he said, "Babe, if you're leaving you need to go NOW because I need your van out of the garage so I can work on Ruben's car..." I decided to pack up the kids and go.

I hate Target. I know everyone else on the planet loooooooooves Target, but I hate Target. I LOVED Target back when they were slightly better than Wal-Mart and knew it. Now, it's like they think they're Kohl's or Mervyn's or something, except with groceries. Their stuff is so weird and overpriced, it bugs the shit out of me. Want a Rubbermaid toilet brush? Sorry, you have to get one designed by Todd Oldham. Looking for clothes? Hope you like Mossimo! And it seems like almost EVERYTHING is in, like...way too much packaging with fancy fonts on the labels. And the food - again, it's so random. They have like ten brands of one thing, and none of another. I was looking for reduced fat cheese, which in the supermarket (and at Wal-Mart!) they have by the truckload. At Target, they have fat free Kraft singles. Great. But would you like some weird fruit that nobody eats? How about pre-made sushi? Ten thousand food items made with artichokes and sundried tomatoes? Visit Target. All the trendy shit on the planet; none of the stuff you actually need. And those weird commercials too. Hey, Target. You're still a discount store!

And I got rope lights for Kayley's room; $9.99. Paul was sure to let me know they're $5.99 AT WAL-MART. I got sparkling water, but they only had two flavors, tangerine lime and strawberry kiwi. Again with the huge selection of nothing. I got cucumbers, but they were overpriced, plastic-wrapped, ORGANIC cucumbers, because that's ALL THEY HAD. I got parmesan cheese, but it was some brand I've never heard of (on sale) and when I got to the register, it was ringing up as NOT on sale. That's happened to me like FIVE TIMES at Target. And will they fix it? Fuck, no. Go stand in line at Customer Service if you want your money back. Do you know what they do at Wal-Mart? They GIVE YOU THE ITEM. When we walk in at Wal-Mart, a greeter gives my kids a sticker and gets me a cart. At Target, a security gard gives me the hairy eyeball. Plus, all their stupid plastic red carts are always STUCK TOGETHER and there are always these little clusters of carts all spread around from people trying to unstick them and eventually giving up. I can't WAIT until our Wal-Mart opens. I can't. WAIT. It'll be right down the street, so close!! I love my Wal-Mart, but I hate driving for twenty minutes each way every time we shop. And I'll never feel like Target is more convenient again. Whee!
posted by Unknown at 8:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home