Thursday, September 22, 2005
The Boy.
Today's been an exciting day, sort of...

I was sitting on the floor with all the kids, trimming fingernails one kid at a time, and Pablo was sitting right near me. He picked up the Elmo phone, held it to his ear, and then in a soft little shy voice, said, "Ha-hoe?" I about fell OVER. Yay! He spoke!! Right when I was getting ready to share this big news with the world, he wandered over to the couch and projectile vomited all over it. Yay!!! Puke for me to scrub out of fabric!! And, it smelled like Hooters fries. (And vomit.) I think I'm officially Hootered out. No more cravings for this lady.

Soooo. After scrubbing the fucking hell out of the couch, it looks fine, but smells. I need to get out the carpet shampooer - and the Febreeze! While the big kids took a long nap, the little kids and I did some laundry, picked up, and vacuumed the whole downstairs. Go, us. It's so funny, Nikki and Lexi are a lot like Mallory and Pablo, personality-wise. Nikki marathon-race-crawled after me and the vacuum, chasing it all over the room on hands and knees. Lexi cowered in the corner of the room and pouted. I have to vaccum ONLY when Pablo is in bed because he is TERRIFIED of the vacuum. Not just a little, but...crying without sound, choking on his own snot, terrified. And Mallory wants to ride on the vacuum. Silly kids!

AND THEN! While Pablo and Mallory were in their booster chairs at the table just now, munching away on PB&J and milk, Pablo bumped his cup and it fell to the floor. As it fell, he said, "Uhhhh ohhhhh!" I about fell over AGAIN! Two words in two days. So now I can say my son's first words are HELLO and UH OH. At age 2 years, three weeks, and two days.

I'm so happy!
posted by Unknown at 5:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home