Thursday, September 01, 2005
Five Years Ago
Fun little meme, stolen from Echo.

One Year Ago my older twins celebrated their first birthday. My mother-in-law moved in with us for what turned out to be six horrid months. I was beginning to get used to the idea of having another set of twins.
Two Years Ago today I came home from the hospital with my new twin babies. We had lived in our new home for close to a month.
Three Years Ago I was hopelessly, madly, deliciously in love with the man I'm marrying on Saturday. He was on my mind 24/7 and we spent lots and lots and lots of time together.
Four Years Ago I was miserably depressed and getting through each day was a true struggle.
Five Years Ago my oldest daughter had just started Kindergarten. My best friend had just married her soulmate, and I was trying like hell to fight for a marriage that wasn't worth fighting for.

Today, I'm sitting in my kitchen eating Triscuits and drinking Sprite at 11:18 p.m. while one of my beautiful babies crawls around my feet, cooing and giggling, wide-awake, refusing to sleep. Today, I'm giddy because I'm marrying MY soulmate in a matter of hours and three of my dearest friends are coming all the way across the country to be with me when it happens. Today, life is magical. Today is a beautiful day in my world, one I'll look back on fondly when I'm old.
posted by Unknown at 11:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home