Friday, July 01, 2005
It's Garage Sailin' Day!
It's Friday, which means that I went garage saling! Well, I don't go EVERY Friday, but I do like to go. I think it's the thrill of the hunt I like best. I got a Chicco electronic train toy, a Sesame Street little violin thingy, a wooden puzzle, a Barney board book, and a Fisher Price jungle animal baby gym for the babies. And a couple of little clothing items for the wee babies. For nine bucks. And then I went into Kohl's and spent NINETY BUCKS. Whoops! I got the big twins new shoes, I got the boy a few outfits he really needed, and the baby girls each got two outfits. Seems like SO LITTLE for $90. I'm having major buyer's remorse. I think I'll keep the boy's clothes and return everything else. They can wear the shoes they have for a little while longer and the baby girls don't need matching outfits ALL the time. We've been broke for so long that I can't bring myself to spend money, even when EVERYTHING I get is 50% off!

Honey took the day off and finished building the trailer he's been working on for a month. Now he just left to get a load of sand to level out where he's putting the shed he's about to buy. I have faith that my yard will be finished before too long. Seriously, the wedding is in EIGHT WEEKS. And we have DIRT. But I know the man has a plan, and I'm trusting him.

I need to start getting pictures together to send to Echo so she can make our wedding invitations. Have you seen her work? It's pretty incredible - she has a great eye for digital collages, and I regret not having her make baby announcements when all the kids were born. I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with for us! Whee!

Holy crap, I've had this window open for almost two hours, trying to type out this post. The kids didn't get a nap and they've been a little needy. I just put a pizza in the oven for them for dinner, so hopefully a little something in their tummies will mellow them out. Then it's into the tub and off to bed. G'bye, whinybutts! Sweet dreams!

Oh, and you know what I've noticed? People keep asking me questions in my comments about various things, and it occurs to me that since I started blogging here in April, I may have some new readers who don't know my entire life story. I think I'll have to write up a little "All About Me" story soon.

Okay, now the pizza is done and I've got to get the whiners in their highchairs before they kill each other. Ack! Bedtime is in less than three hours. Whew.
posted by Unknown at 6:37 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another question for ya. What trailer is he building?

And whoa! at the loot you made out with today! Also, do you still want me to send that thing I was going to send? I totally plan on mailing it out but I wanted to check since you've been on a mad shopping spree and might not want it anymore : )

7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do! I don't think I have your email address...ack!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home