Saturday, June 25, 2005
5 Things I Don't Get.
A little meme, stolen from Katy. The goal is to describe the "Five things society at large enjoys, but that I, for the most part, just don't get..."

Number One

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The fascination with Star Wars. I just don't get it. The only one I like is Chewbacca. I saw this quote somewhere that described my feelings perfectly: "Luke, I am your overrated piece of crap."


Number Two

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sushi. I want to like sushi. I want to love sushi, since my honeybun loves it and eats it every Tuesday. (Sushi Tuesday!) In fact, I DO love the kind that doesn't taste like ass. The eel is good. The salmon is good. (I don't know any of the fancy sushi-slang names!) The problem with most sushi, as I see it, is that it's wrapped in seaweed. Do you know what seaweed tastes like? Ass. Do you know what it smells like? A dirty fishtank. No amount of soy sauce and wasabi can erase that fishtank ass smell. Not to mention, you have to eat it in one bite or it falls apart all over your chin - and that's just too big of a bite for me to chew up without fearing that it's going to trigger my gag reflex and I'm going to yack ass scented sushi all over the table. When I can get California rolls WITHOUT seaweed inside, then I'll become a sushi lover, I'm sure.


Number Three

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Paris Hilton. Um...she's okay looking. She'd look better if she put on, like, thirty pounds - perhaps her nose cartilage would appear less sharpened and beak-like. She seems to be relatively free of talent and charm. WHY is she famous again?


Number Four

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Mr. Clean MagicReach. Who is this for? People who have showerheads twelve feet high? Is this REALLY necessary? You're basically, like, Swiffering the shower walls? Isn't it almost EASIER to stand there and use a rag than to try maneuvering something with a pole while you're standing inside the shower? Am I missing something?


Number Five

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Live Strong (and all the other ones just like it) bracelets. Psst. They're RUBBER BANDS. Just thought you'd want to know!

I guess you're supposed to tag 5 people, but I'm afraid no one I tag will do it and then I'll feel lame. LOL! So, if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged! You're it!
posted by Unknown at 3:47 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

I think we could be twins separated at birth....

9:43 PM  
Blogger maricar lianne said...

I only wear the Livestrong band to support my mom. The other ones I feel are copycats. Eh.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton - her parents are loaded, that is the ONLY reason she ever becamse famous. DId ya see House of Wax?? Her acting abilities suck as bad at her personality.
And I don't get the Star Wars thing either. *shrug*

2:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I HATE sushi. I can't fit the whole damn thing in my mouth at once, and then when I try to take bites everybody looks at me weird. I just stay away from it now.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I am SO with you. Although i did see the recent Star Wars movie, i have never really liked it or been into all the Star Wars shit!

I did try "some" sushi and liked it.

Paris Hilton is a skank!lol

Never used a magicbrush thingy and probably never will!

I have seen bag boys at the grocery store with like 5 bands on ech wrist...looked really stupid!lol

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao at #4

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!

I'm so with you on 3, 4 & 5....especially #3

(and I confess to love both 1 & 2!)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home