Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Stylish Children!
My girlfriend Angie had her baby today. Yay! She had a little boy. I can't wait to go up and see them tomorrow evening! Honey's going to come home and watch the babies so Miss K and I can head up there and see her. I can't imagine giving birth and then having someone visit me with four noisy babies. Ack!! I know she wasn't really planning to have more children so this little guy is a happy surprise for their family. I know they're in for a lot of joy in the future. It's so neat that they got a little boy to add to their houseful of girls! (Just like my little guy, surrounded by sisters!)

I took the kids today for haircuts. That was an adventure! My big girl did great. She was a little afraid at first, but the stylist gave her a sucker right away (hairy sucker be damned) and she calmed right down. She got a nice little bang trim and got the rest of her hair pulled up in a tiny "fountain" ponytail. It looks like a spider plant sprouting out of her head!! LOL! The boy had a freakin' FIT like I knew he would. He hates having his face washed, his nose wiped, his hair combed - you get the idea. So his 'do is a little uneven. But it still looks WAY better than it did yesterday! I didn't really get a decent picture of the girl. I'll see what I have and upload it to Flickr.

After haircuts, we went to Chik-fil-A for lunch. The kids had a BALL in the toddler-friendly play area and were MAD when it was time to leave. A whole bunch of moms and kids came in all at once and it was crazy. The play area is tiny as it is, and all of a sudden, I couldn't see my kids, and I started to panic, so we left. They sacked out all the way home, though - tired little boogers!

Well, the sale of our townhome fell through today. As fucking usual. May I just say - mortgage companies can all go suck a fat dick. They're so dishonest and disorganized - they're not regulated at all - I think being a buyer right now would be really aggravating - particularly if you didn't have the greatest credit. People are being taken for a big ride in this market. I don't even know what else to say about it, except that it feels so absolutely hopeless that we'll ever dig out of this pit. Frustrating.

Sorry to end the post on such a pissy note. Hope you're having a nicer Tuesday than I am! LOL!
posted by Unknown at 4:21 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh Laura, that totally sucks. I was wondering how that was going the other day. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you guys. I know how badly you need to sell that thing.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh :( That sucks about your townhome.

I hope your day gets better!
(hugs)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh no! I can't believe it fell through!:-( I hope it sells for you soon!!


Congrats to your friend and the new little guy.

I bet the kid's haircuts are cute. I also wish we had a chik-fila here!WAHHHHHHHH

8:34 AM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Man, that royally sucks! (hugs)

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home