Thursday, June 16, 2005
Mishmash.
So...psychobaby girl's been a little monster all week, constantly fussing. Goodbaby has been her same, sweet self.

I was feeling around last night and guess what?

The good baby, who hasn't fussed at all - has her first tooth!!

In other news...man, I hate being stupid. It's so hard going through life with SO little common sense at times!! The babies have been so fussy, and honey pointed out to me last night that they still seemed hungry after they ate. He suggested that they might be ready to move up to 8 ounces, since they've been on 6 ounces for like, three months now. DUHHHHHH! They're almost five months old. Of course they should be eating 8 ounce bottles. Can you believe I've been starving them for weeks? No wonder they're so fussy. I fixed both of them 8 ounce bottles this morning and they're happy as pigs in shit. Happier than I've seen them in days! Oy. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just feed my children.

Also, they started eating baby food this week. Last night, they had sweet potatoes for the first time - they seemed to like it! I didn't get any pictures, but I got some cute ones of them having pears the other night.

They're growing up so fast - baby food, teeth, full huge bottles - I'm feeling sad that my last babies are so quickly leaving babyish things behind! They're going to be TODDLERS next week at this rate!

And I also decided I need to start getting them on a schedule - particularly miss crazypants, who is SUCH a bear lately. So, they're both in their cribs, sleeping away. I took them up about an hour ago right after I put the big kids in the tub. They just aren't content anymore to fall asleep in their swings or whatever. In fact, crankygirl won't go anywhere near the swing or the bouncer - she starts arching her back and kicking and swinging her fists and screaming if you try to put her in either. Little psychobaby! I'm glad they're sleeping - I just KNOW that's a big part of their fussiness. I learned that the hard way with the big twins - I had to FORCE them to become good nappers, because they were so sleep deprived that they were just angry all the time, and it was like a vicious cycle. It wasn't until I started just shutting them in a dark room in their cribs that they learned they had to nap every day. Hopefully the little ones will take to it as easily. Now, if only I could get them to all nap at the same time!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention my ANGRY MOTHER moment yesterday! I was LIVID!!

We went to Wal-Mart for our weekly diapers/formula/grocery run. I searched and SEARCHED for cucumbers and couldn't find any. The grocery clerk told me they couldn't find the shipment! He said they had six cartons SOMEWHERE but they weren't sure where. He said he'd try to find some for me. So, like fifteen minutes later, he actually TRACKED ME DOWN clear over by the milk, with this fancy cucumber - the kind that has a "Grown in SoCal" label on it and is shrink wrapped in cellophane and is usually overpriced, KWIM? He said, "All I have are these big seedless ones - I'll give it to you no charge." Pretty nice, huh? He'd taken out a Sharpie and completely marked out the barcode, and written NO CHARGE across the label, big as could be.

So. I get to the register and one of the babies starts having a meltdown, so I'm trying to deal with her and pay for my groceries and get out of everyone's way so we're not making a scene. Then when we're done, I start checking my receipt (I always check it before we leave the store!) and the motherfucker CHARGED ME FOR THE CUCUMBER! It didn't scan, obviously, so he had to KEY IN THE CODE FOR IT, even though it was all marked out and said "no charge" on it. I was fuuuuuuurious!!! I was HOLDING a crying baby, pushing the stroller with one hand, left my cart of food behind, and confronted him while he was ringing up someone else. I was all, "What in the hell is your problem? Does it LOOK like I have time to go straighten this out? Would it have killed you to just ASK ME why it said no charge?" I swear, he was almost in tears when I finished. I can't believe how ANGRY I was! And during all of it, the baby spit up ALL OVER my shirt. Aaaaaangry!!!

Luckily, the register was RIGHT in front of customer service, and nobody was in line, so I marched right up and got my dollar seventy-six back. I know it's not a huge amount, but MY GOD, it pissed me off! What the hell, man?

Now I'm waiting around to see if my mama's coming over to visit today. I hate it when people say "I might drop by." Then I feel obligated to BE HERE all day. Not that we were planning to go anywhere, but I get all anxious just going up to switch the wash, because I can't hear the doorbell up there. Jeez.

Okay, off to do mama type stuff. Have a splendid Thursday!
posted by Unknown at 11:33 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have been pissed!!! Did he think you just carried around a sharpie to try and get cucumbers for free? Good friggin' grief man. If he had a brain he would have been playing with it, I'm sure.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah that would piss me off too! I did that for something stupid at walgreens about a week ago. I can't even remember what it was but it pissed me off!

Also, you know Dillon never even made it up to 8 ounces? Neither did Andy now that I think of it. You've got some good eaters on your hand! I'm always jealous of good eaters. Andy won't touch anything that isn't a chicken or a nugget. Dillon might be a better eater than him but not by much.

Get a schick intuition shaver thing. It rocks!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Daniel was a little piggy at that age to!

Those cukecumbers are called "English cukes" and they are the best to get even though they cost more. They are the only cukecumbers I'll buy, in fact I have one in the fridge right now! Most times cukecumbers cause gas for a lot of people, so they can't eat them. English cukes are seedless, so they dont' cause gas. They are just yummier.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home