Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Just mama bragging.
I just have to brag on my big girl here...



She's getting so smart all of a sudden! And I'm predicting a big old language explosion - she's been repeating things we say a lot lately - something she's never really done. She's still sticking to the few words she knows, but it's clear that she can SAY things if she wants to. She's always saying shoe, good girl, no!, uh-uh, dada...and now she's repeating our words too.

But more than the language thing - she's just learning things left and right. I noticed the Actimates Barney that Colleen sent us sings the song Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes - and when my big girl heard Barney singing it, she started touching her nose and head and shoulders!! We were like, where the hell did she learn that? I think it was either from Baby Einstein or from one of her Curious Buddies DVDs. SO cute.

And the boy is just blossoming too. I don't know if he's ever going to talk - although he does everything about two months after his sister, so I imagine by August, HE'LL be talking too - but he's so bright and sweet. He's been REALLY into puzzles lately and puts all the pieces in place so quickly and easily, over and over. He's so meticulous in all the things he does, always carefully laying pieces of puzzle or Legos or whatever in neat little rows. Sweet little boy.

It's a lot of fun having kids this age.
posted by Unknown at 9:29 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

I was SOOOO excited about my son starting to talk. Being a mom that LOVES to talk, I thought this would be wonderful, and oh, how proud I was! Now, I wish he would just SHUT UP! I love my baby!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Yay kids!
They do things at their own paces. :) There's no need to worry about your kiddos, they're perfect!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Daniel and Pablo are a lot a like. It's only been recent that Daniel's vocabulary exploded and he's just beginning to repeat words, so I bet it's just around the corner for Pablo too!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home