Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Oh, happy freakin' day!!
It's all good, baby. All good.

Yesterday, WE CLOSED ON THE TOWNHOUSE!!!! I can't even begin to stress how much this is going to change things for us. After paying our own mortgage plus the mortgage for a goddamned empty house for almost two years, we have gone without EVERYTHING and we can finally play catchup a little bit. I haven't bought new shoes in a year and a half. I haven't bought clothes (except maternity clothes) since before the first twins were born. And our kids - oh, our poor kids! I can finally buy them something that doesn't come from a garage sale! Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be one frugal bitch - that's not going to change; after all, we still have FIVE KIDS! But just losing the stress every month of wondering how we're going to get by...that's the best thing of all. I'm so happy!!! So happy that the first chance I get, I'm going shoe shopping!!

And last night, while floating on air because of the whole house closing business, I went with my new twinmama friend to meet some people from HER twin club at Cold Stone Creamery. It was SUCH a nice night, with a little breeze - we sat on a bench near a pretty fountain and just chit-chatted about our kids. It was a GREAT little escape for a couple of hours.

And today, honey took the day off of work and went with me to playgroup. We went to a tumbling gym at a rec center, which was SO much fun. This crazy woman in charge of the place about near ruined our experience bitching at us about EVERYTHING. (They tried to charge me four bucks a kid - INCLUDING MY FIVE MONTH OLD TWINS WHO WERE ASLEEP IN THE STROLLER!!! I made a huge stink until they only charged me for the bigger kids.) But the crazy lady in charge had this CRRRRRAZY mullet that was shaved like a crew cut on top and all pulled back in a bun everywhere else, so at least I got to make fun of her hair. All's well that ends well. And then we went to Sam's Club to buy a shed, but they didn't have it in stock anymore. Phooey.

And that's been my Monday and Tuesday! All kinds of fun! Whee!

P.S. I cracked up at this referral in my stats: Tom Cruise Sucks Ass. Hehe!
posted by Unknown at 6:14 PM

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, I am SO happy for you, Paul and the children!!! Buy yourself several pair of new shoes girl. Glad you had a nice visit with the other Twin Club.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to sign my name on above post

Denise

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH YAY! I'm so happy for you! That is f'kn awesome!!!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

WooooooooHooooooooo! You know I'm SOOOO happy for you guys. Gosh, you've been carrying this burden for so long. You must feel about 1,000 lbs. lighter. My hours of Running Man were SO worth it.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

that's awesome news Laura!!! I'm so glad it finally closed!!

Yippee on the fun girly night out too...you really deserve that!

9:03 PM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Whoo Hooo! I'm so happy for you guys--Congratulations!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

HELLS YEAH! So glad you got rid of the townhouse! You may be able to breath easier along with sporting some new kick ass shoes!YAHOOO!!

Yes Tom Cruise does SUCK ASS!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Congrats! Enjoy shoe shopping!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura!!! congratulations!! That is SUCH good news! Finally!!!!!!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet!!! That is so awesome that the townhouse is completely finished...

LOL @ the mullet. In our house we'd call that a "bullet" cross between bun/mullet. We make up names for them...like a bald guy who just has hair around the sides, but shaves it above his ears and lets the back grow? That's a "skullet."

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was Paul's old townhouse he lived in before we met. I had one too, but we sold mine to his best friend when we bought this house. The market is really bad here, especially for townhouses (because there are SO MANY OF THEM for sale, and it's just as cheap to buy new nowadays!) so we've had a lot of trouble finding a buyer. Glad it's all done!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Yeah for ya'll!!!!!!!!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOOOOOOO WTG Paul and Laura!!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Oh thank god! What a burden to be lifted! If that was Doug and I, we'd be doing a freaking dance!

congrats on being done with it!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an excellent day! A trifecta: money, shoes, and seeing a crazy mullet. Beautiful.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Congratulations re: closing on that bitchass of a house!

WOOO! Drinks on me! ;)

XO
K

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home