Thursday, September 08, 2005
From chaos to boredom.
Man, I can't believe today's Thursday already. I can't believe a week ago, it was THE DAY BEFORE EVERYONE CAME and it was our last day to get everything done. And I'm sure YOU can't believe I'm still going on and on about the wedding. LOL!

We're having trouble getting back into our routine, which I'm blaming on all the damned crap in my house. There are still ginormous bouquets of flowers nearly covering my kitchen island and a fuckton of rapidly spoiling food in my fridge, all of which are destined for the trash, but...we have SO much trash, I can't really see bagging it up and just throwing it on the PILE in the garage. Yes, pile. We ran out of room in the garbage cans before the wedding was over. And our trash day is generally Thursday, but not the week of a government holiday, so it's not until tomorrow. And then, I'm throwing away tons and tons of stuff. The kids' birthday was also last week if you recall, so I have several LARGE toy boxes to throw out too. All of which is just litering my house and making me crazy!

I made a big pot of broccoli cheese soup this morning. It came out really quite good. I dished up a huge Rubbermaid container and the kids and I all went to visit my mom. Such a good daughter I am, bringing soup to my crippled mama. LOL! She had surgery yesterday to remove a bone spur from her foot and she's laid up for awhile. My dad was there too; he took a few days off to take care of her. And his truck died the day of the wedding, which I didn't realize until a few days ago (wondered why they came over in my mom's car!) so he just bought a new truck, too, and had to show that off. We had a nice visit, most of which was spent plucking the boy down from various high objects and getting him out of bedrooms and such.

Now guess where we are? Out on the patio. Yep, I'm blogging from the great outdoors. My HUSBAND wired up an outlet and an internet connection right here on this pillar, so we could have the laptop outdoors. It's quite delightful, I must say. Holy fucking CRAP, the most GIGANTIC spider just scuttled past my toes, and the bare toes of both babies sitting in the walkers. Aaaaaaaah!!! I've seen this kind before and I know they're harmless, but Jesus? Give a mama a heart attack, why dontcha? Why can't they just HIDE while I'm out here??

I guess that's all I had to say. I'm still sickeningly IN LOVE with MY HUSBAND, and getting married seems to have made us even mushier. It's sick. I'm really thrilled that it's September and it's beautiful outside and the wedding is over and we can RELAX and hopefully enjoy the rest of the summer. I'm almost thinking my littlest baby picked up on some of my stressed out attitude and nervous energy those last two weeks and that's why she wasn't sleeping, because she's slept through the night for three nights in a row and I've gotten EIGHT FRICKEN HOURS of sleep for THREE NIGHTS now. All my aches and pains seem to be mysteriously GONE, too, oddly. Yay for good sleep!

Back to the sights and sounds of the backyard!
posted by Unknown at 5:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home