Wednesday, September 07, 2005
At last, my love has come along.
So. How are ya? Did you know I got married on Saturday? Yep, I sure did! I keep meaning to update about all that, but I haven't really had the time to devote to typing up a proper post that would do the event JUSTICE!

I'm not sure what to say about my wedding, except that it was PERFECT! It was so, so, so perfect and wonderful and amazing and if I could relive it all without changing a second of it, I'd do so in a heartbeat. I felt like a princess, and my wedding day really felt just like it did when I daydreamed about it as a little girl. Standing up in front of everyone with the love of my life, promising to love him forever - wow. It was just so powerful and emotional and I can imagine looking back on it fifty years from now, going, you know, that was the best day of my whole life. It really was.

One of the things that made it great was seeing my girlfriends from all over the country. Colleen, Cindy, and Kim all got here on Friday and immediately started doing everything that needed doing - loving on babies, feeding them and changing diapers, decorating my house, baking the wedding cake... they made my veil and the bouquets for the wedding, they decorated the arbor we got married under, they organized the layout of the tables and chairs, they helped me make VATS of fruit and pasta salad...they cracked me up for three whole days and their being here made my wedding SO MUCH BETTER - I don't know that I could have pulled it off without them. I don't think I could have. Thank God for good friends, and don't ever let anyone tell you that "internet" friends aren't the real thing!

Here are some of my favorite pictures:

My Hottie Hubby:



I love this one:




Me and my best friend:




My beautiful family - look at my sweet girls! I love those little legs:




Miss K:




My parents:




My father-in-law with the girls:




And me with my Groovy Girlies!



There are soooooo many more pictures, I haven't even begun to go through them all. I don't even know if you can get how wonderful it all was from the pictures, though. I cried as soon as the music started for me to walk down the aisle and didn't stop until my big twins started throwing sand at each other and giggling during the ceremony and everyone laughed. It was such a perfect little moment. I saw SO many people crying after we finished with our vows. And the food ... and the dancing... and the DRINKING, my God, the drinking! And just being around people I love. It was a perfect, spectacular day. I really do think it was the best day of my life.

posted by Unknown at 10:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home