Monday, May 02, 2005
Big Sunday
Yesterday was a big day for Miss K. First of all, I highlighted her hair, which she's been begging me to do FOREVER. The last time I did it, the blonde didn't really "take" and you had to look REEEEALLY hard to see her "highlights." This time, however, I left the dye on longer and you can TOTALLY see her blonde-ness. (I first typed blonde-MESS, which is actually a pretty accurate description!!) Her streaks only go about halfway down her head before they peter out, though, so it almost looks like she has blonde roots growing in. Ha! She's digging it, though, so all is well. Maybe I can buy another highlight kit this week and try to fix it a little.

So, while she was sitting in the kitchen chair, stinking up the place with her hair dye, she informed me that she had a wiggly loose tooth. Another one of her molars, with a filling in it! She lost another filling-tooth (she had two) about two months ago. This one took no time at all getting out of her mouth. After I rinsed her hair, she pulled the tooth out of her jaw and handed it to me. Heeb!! Then, as I was trimming her bangs, she got sick to her stomach from all the blood in her mouth and puked in my bathroom. Whee!

You know, she went about 2 1/2 years without losing any teeth, and then she lost that other filling-tooth at her dad's house. The tooth fairy brought her TWENTY DOLLARS for that tooth. Twenty bucks!! I told her the tooth fairy was on crack that day, and probably MEANT to give her TWO dollars. So, she put her tooth in her little trinket box last night and the tooth fairy took it and left her five gold dollar coins. I thought that sounded way more appropriate!

She was giddy this morning as I was putting little clippies in her hair ("like on Lizzie McGuire, Mom!") about going to school today and showing off her highlights and her gaping hole. It's fun to be nine, sometimes!
posted by Unknown at 7:12 AM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she looks cute! Now... guess who is going to be begging for highlights?!?!?!?!? I keep telling her that it doesnt work on "mixed girl" hair! :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By all means, feel free to blogroll me! :-)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Awwww, I can't wait to see her highlights! I bet she looks so cute!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Love the new site! Awesome!

2:29 PM  
Blogger k8 said...

i am diggin this new piece of real estate.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura those pictures of the kids in the pots are SO cute!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Your new site is SO cute! I love the kids as sunflowers!! Too cute!:-)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home